Wednesday, December 7, 2011

I'm back and can be your personal chef!

After taking a year off from my blog, I am back. My best friend passed away very suddenly from cancer on December 8th 2010. We grew up together and it it still hard to believe I will never hear Mary's laugh again. But life goes on and so does the cooking and eating especially this holiday season. If you'd rather do the eating I am now offering to cook for families, couples and small parties offering Indian food. I can bring the food and serve it or come to your house and cook while you watch (the best way to learn a cuisine you might not be familiar with). I can personalize the menu with selections of appetizers, salads, entrees, sides and delicious desserts.
Examples include stir-fried lemon rice noodles with shrimp, samosas (triangular pastries stuffed with potato, peas and cashews, mini pastry cups filled with creamy roasted and mashed eggplant, lamb biryani layered with fragrant basmati rice and spices, butter chicken and Bengali salmon in yogurt sauce. Sweets include sea salt toffee, flourless chocolate cake with cardamom and coconut flan. Impress your guests with exotically spiced dishes that can't be found at any restaurant. Meanwhile as the days grow shorter and darker I will be posting some Indian-style holiday recipes soon like Kerala duck braised in coconut milk and roasted beets glazed in tamarind.

No comments: